Delivery is charged at £45+ vat per pallet unless free delivery is given. Free delivery is subject to orders being over £1000 +vat and taking up a maximum of 2 pallet spaces. For orders that require more than 2 pallet spaces, we reserve the right to charge £45 +vat for each additional pallet space required. In this event, we will contact you prior to processing the order to discuss. Delivery charges and free delivery is also subject to the delivery address not being to one of the following excluded postcodes;
Channel Islands – All postcodes containing GY and JE
Isle of Man – All postcodes containing IM
Scilly Isles – TR21-TR25
IV41-IV49 / IV51 / IV55-IV56
KW15-KW17 / KA27-KA28
PA20 / PA41-PA49 / PA60-PA78
IV1-IV40 / IV52-IV54 / IV63
PA21-PA38 / PA80
PH16-PH26 / PH30-PH41 / PH49-PH50
Northern Ireland – All postcodes containing BT
Isle of Wight – PO30-PO41
Please contact us for further information on delivery charges for these postcodes.
All orders are picked, packed and dispatched from our warehouse facility in Lamberhurst, Kent. We use a number of different delivery methods but the vast majority of orders will be sent out on a pallet using a third party courier service.
Orders are usually dispatched within 2 working days and delivered within 7 working days from the date of order. For anything beyond this, we will contact you to discuss your requirements.
If we are sending direct to your customer we will ensure your delivery notes are used whenever they are provided. Should a delivery note not be provided at the point of order, we reserve the right to use our own delivery notes. Please note, delivery notes will never include pricing information.
As both a domestic and international seller we have extensive experience of dealing with couriers and the potential issues that can arise as a result of a third party handling our/your goods.
As such, we would kindly ask you to adhere to the following procedures regarding the delivery and ensure you and your customer, if we are drop-shipping, is aware of these terms.
1) Please ensure that somebody with the sufficient authority and time is available to accept and sign for your goods during the agreed delivery window.
2) Please ensure that all potential recipients of the delivery are made aware of these procedures.
3) As couriers will not accept any claim for damage against a delivery that has a clean signature, and an ‘unchecked’ signature is deemed by the couriers to be a clean signature, all goods MUST be checked at the TIME OF DELIVERY. Under the terms of the contract we have with our couriers, they must allow you sufficient time to open up boxes or pallets in order to inspect the goods closely. If they refuse to do so, please sign for the consignment as damaged and contact us immediately to inform us of this.
For the avoidance of doubt, no claim for transport damage can be made where a clean/unchecked delivery signature has been provided. As you have indicated that you or your appointed representative will be on hand to accept the shipment within the agreed delivery window, there will be no exemptions to this policy if a clean/unchecked signature is provided by any other party. Unless you contact us, we will progress this order under the terms of these procedures.
Further notes on pallet deliveries
1) Unless otherwise agreed, your order will be shipped on an economy 48 hour service. The courier will contact your customer to arrange a mutually convenient delivery time. The courier will not attempt delivery until contact has been made with the customer. It is possible to specify a preferred delivery date but this must be given at the point of order. Please ensure that you point out ANY potential delivery issues, such as restricted access, at this time. Actions required to overcome delivery issues may be chargeable to you, particularly if only discovered on the day of delivery.
2) Next day service pallets are not pre booked (unless otherwise agreed) and therefore it is essential you contact us to inform us of any delivery issues.
3) Pallet deliveries are to ‘kerbside’ only, (unless otherwise agreed). The pallet(s) will be lifted from the delivery vehicle using a tail-lift and pallet forks and placed in the first convenient, safe location. Drivers are not obliged to move the pallet any further into the customer’s property. Please contact us if you have requirements beyond this.
4) If a situation arises where consent is given for delivery to be made without a signature, to an empty address for instance, it will not be possible for any claims regarding transport damage to be made.
5) If a delivery fails through there being no recipient to sign for the goods, a re-delivery charge will be applicable.
General delivery notes
1) Delivery dates and times proposed by The Pot Company should be considered as best endeavour offers, not guarantees. Schedules are offered in good faith but may be subject to various factors, whether the delivery is being made using our own vehicles or courier network.
2) The Pot Company will not be liable for any consequential costs, including lost earnings, associated with a delivery schedule not being met for any reason, including transport and or stock issues.
3) As The Pot Company understands that delivery shortfalls may not be immediately detected, customers are given 24 hours to make a full inventory. If any discrepancies are noted, the customer must report these to The Pot Company within this timeframe in order to be eligible for any compensation. Where requested, the customer must also supply photographs of the shipment, including all of its packaging.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries relating to these terms and conditions and we look forward to you receiving your order.