Thank you for visiting our website.
We are excited to announce our brand new customer specific purchasing portal that will provide you with new features that are not offered by this website.
For further details and an invite to setting up your own portal account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below general information regarding our delivery service, if you have any further questions please let us know and we will do our best to answer them. If we cannot, we will contact the appropriate organisation on your behalf and update you as soon as possible with the information we are given.
Please note that our pallet deliveries are to kerbside only. Upon delivery, it is up to the delivery driver's discretion to determine the safest location to leave your pallet. If you require your order moved into a position that is not on the kerbside, please discuss this with the driver at the time of delivery and if they can help they usually will. Please inform us of any restrictions or potential access issues. i.e. weight limit, double yellow lines, width restrictions, road diversions... etc. so that we can plan your delivery accordingly. Access can also limit our deliveries reaching you as hoped, these can include, but are not limited to: gravel, steep, tight, winding or low/covered driveways and steps - please see infographic below.
Please ensure where possible that someone is available to check and sign for your delivery. Alternatively, you can nominate a suitable *safe place for us to leave your order. *In nominating a "safe place" you accept liability for the order as if signed for. These guidelines ensure the best quality of service, in the safest possible manner. Please report any delivery issues to us by email within 24hrs of delivery.
Delivery is to the prearranged delivery address stated on the document and cannot be changed after your order has been despatched. The delivery information is stated on your order acknowledgment, if you have paid for your order (it will be on your proforma invoice as well, if those are your payment terms) we will assume this information is correct. If you require the delivery address to be changed after your order has been despatched there may be an addtional delivery charge, depending on how your order was sent (our own vehicle or courier).
*UK Deliveries: We can despatch your order to anywhere in mainland UK (not including Scottish Highlands) in 2-3 working days on one of the following two pallet courier (Palletways) service options:
Standard Delivery (ECONOMY SERVICE: 2-4 working days) is charged at £60 ex.VAT *per pallet space. Book-In service included.
Premium Delivery (NEXT WORKING DAY) is charged at £70 ex.VAT *per pallet space. No Book-In prior to delivery.
We can also offer upgrades on pallet courier deliveries, charges are additional to those mentioned above:
Timed Delivery: As close to, but allowing one hour either side of desired delivery time on the delivery date - £25 ex.VAT per order.
AM Delivery: Delivery can be anytime before 12:00hrs on the date of delivery - £14 ex.VAT per order.
PM Delivery: Delivery can be anytime after 12:00hrs on the date of delivery - £14 ex.VAT per order.
Next Saturday Delivery: Delivery on the next Saturday (10:00-14:00hrs) - £40 ex.VAT per order.
Evening Delivery: Delivery can be made anytime between 17:00 - 21:00hrs on the date of delivery - £30 ex.VAT per order.
*A 'pallet space' is defined as having a footprint of 1000x1200mm. If an ordered item longer than 1200mm cannot be palletised vertically will be palletised horizontally and charged at 2x pallet spaces. All delivery options include unloading from the delivery vehicle with a tail-lift.
The Postcodes below will require their delivery costs to be quoted for on an order-by-order basis:
Channel Islands – All postcodes containing GY and JE
Isle of Man – All postcodes containing IM
Scilly Isles – TR21-TR25
IV41-IV49 / IV51 / IV55-IV56
KW15-KW17 / KA27-KA28
PA20 / PA41-PA49 / PA60-PA78
IV1-IV40 / IV52-IV54 / IV63
PA21-PA38 / PA80
PH16-PH26 / PH30-PH41 / PH49-PH50
Northern Ireland – All postcodes containing BT
Isle of Wight – PO30-PO41
We aim to process, pack and despatch orders from our warehouse facility in Lamberhurst, Kent within the 2-3 working day period mentioned above and no later than 7 working days. We also employ a parcel courier (DHL generally charged at £15 ex.VAT per parcel) for smaller or individual item orders where this service is applicable as well as a fleet of our own vans and trucks we can use. There may be factors out of our control that will cause a delay to your delivery, in these cases we will update you as soon as we can with advice of when you can expect your (or your client's) order.
For anything beyond this please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Dropship Despatches: If we are sending direct to your customer, not as ourselves (Drop Shipping), we will ensure your delivery notes are used whenever they are provided or generated by our system *automatically. Should a delivery note not be provided at the point of order, we reserve the right to use our own delivery notes. Please note, delivery notes will never include pricing information. *We can generate a delivery document (Delivery Note or Packing Slip) that will closely match your own, please send us an example of your document along with any high-res logos you require on it. For all other deliveries we will attach our own delivery note for the recipient to check the order against, please note there will NEVER be any cost/billing information on the document the recipient recieves; all invoicing information is emailed to the nominated contact on your account.
As both a domestic and international buyer and seller we have extensive experience of dealing with couriers and the potential issues that can arise as a result of a third party handling our/your goods. As such, we would kindly ask you to adhere to the following procedures regarding the delivery and ensure you and your customer, if we are drop-shipping, is aware of these terms.
1) Please ensure that somebody with the sufficient authority and time is available to accept and sign for your goods during the agreed delivery window.
2) Please ensure that all potential recipients of the delivery are made aware of these procedures.
3) As couriers will not accept any claim for damage against a delivery that has a clean signature and an ‘unchecked’ signature is deemed by the couriers to be a clean signature, all goods MUST be checked at the TIME OF DELIVERY. Under the terms of the contract we have with our couriers, they must allow you sufficient time to open up boxes or pallets in order to inspect the goods closely. If they refuse to do so, please sign for the consignment as damaged and contact us immediately to inform us of this.
No claim for transport damage can be made where a clean/unchecked delivery signature has been provided. As you have indicated that you or your appointed representative will be on hand to accept the shipment within the agreed delivery window, there will be no exemptions to this policy if a clean/unchecked signature is provided by any other party. Unless you contact us, we will progress this order under the terms of these procedures.
Further notes on pallet deliveries.
1) Unless otherwise agreed, your order will be shipped on an economy 2-3 working day service. The courier will contact your customer to arrange a mutually convenient delivery time. The courier will not attempt delivery until contact has been made with the delivery contact and the delivery booked in. It is possible to specify a preferred delivery date but this must be given at the point of order. Please ensure that you point out ANY potential delivery issues, such as restricted access, at this time. Actions required to overcome delivery issues may be chargeable to you, particularly if only discovered on the day of delivery.
2) Next working day service pallets will not recieve any contact from the courier company prior to delivery and therefore it is essential you contact us to inform us of any delivery issues. The courier will contact the delivery contact in the case of any issues like finding the address, access, no one in to recive the delivery (see point 5 below).
3) Pallet deliveries are to ‘kerbside’ only, (unless otherwise agreed on our own vehicle). The pallet(s) will be lifted from the delivery vehicle using a tail-lift and manual pallet forks and placed in the first convenient, safe location. Drivers are not obliged to move the pallet any further into the customer’s property. Please contact us if you have requirements beyond this.
4) If a situation arises where consent is given for delivery to be made without a signature, to an empty address for instance, it will not be possible for any claims regarding transport damage to be made.
5) If a delivery fails through there being no recipient to sign for the goods, a re-delivery charge will be applicable. Please see the Terms and Conditions of Sale, section 4.
General delivery notes
1) Delivery dates and times proposed by The Pot Company should be considered as best endeavour offers, not guarantees. Schedules are offered in good faith but may be subject to various factors, whether the delivery is being made using our own vehicles or a courier network.
2) The Pot Company will not be liable for any consequential costs, including lost earnings, associated with a delivery schedule not being met for any reason.
3) As The Pot Company understands that delivery shortfalls may not be immediately detected, customers are given 24 hours to make a full inventory. If any discrepancies are noted, the customer must report these to The Pot Company within this timeframe in order to be eligible for any compensation. Where requested, the customer must also supply photographs of the shipment, including all of its packaging.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries relating to these terms and conditions and we look forward to you receiving your order.